- Can not assist with charges incurred prior to approval of application and receipt by veterinarian of Broken Tails Letter of Guarantee.
- Can not pay for treatment in advance.
- Can not pay a deposit.
- Can not reimburse the applicant for payments already made to the veterinarian.
- Can not pay on an invoice showing no balance due.
- Will contribute a maximum of $250 and no more than the invoice balance due — except on case by case basis. When a funding exception occurs, Broken Tails expects the client to volunteer an equivalent amount of community hours to a local Animal Related Non Profit
- Will only make payment to a veterinarian or pharmacy. Funds are never disbursed to a client.
- Will not hold reserved funds in a pet’s account for more than 45 days. If an invoice is not received within 45 days, the funds will be redistributed to the appropriate General Fund.